Direct Contact Heater is an alternative heat exchanger to plate and tubular heaters. contact heaters
DCH will work with counter current heat exchange principle. DCH has high heat transfer co-efficient. In the DCH latent heat and part of sensible heat will be utilized for heating duty.
DCH will work with an approach temperature of 0-2°C, whereas tubular heaters and plate heat exchangers will work with 5-7° C approach temperature.
Advantages Of DCH:
- Counter current operation and high heat transfer co-efficient.
- Can be run with bled vapours and saving of exhaust steam.
- Effective utilization of the latent heat and part of the sensible heat.
- Suitable for heating with low pressure and temperature vapours.
- No condensate extraction system is required.
- Low head juice pumps and less power consumption.
- 0-2° C approach temperature.
- Suitable for complete automation.
- Can be operated at pressure and vacuum.